Ham & Red Pepper Spread
From EatingWell: November/December 2010
Spread this creamy ham and roasted red pepper dip on Belgian endive, crackers or toasted baguette or use it as a dip for vegetables.
- 1 1/2 cups diced ham (about 8 ounces)
- 1 cup diced roasted red peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika (see Note)
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel), softened
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Pulse ham, peppers, paprika and vinegar in a food processor until the ham is finely chopped. Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl. Add cream cheese and parsley. Stir until smooth.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- Note: Look for smoked paprika in large supermarkets with other spices and at tienda.com.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 72 calories; 3 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 18 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 6 g protein; 0 g fiber; 534 mg sodium; 114 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1/2 medium-fat meat
More From EatingWell
Onions are the perfect accompaniment to almost any savory...
Pesto is an easy way to add flavor without tons of extra...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Coffee is a healthy and flavorful addition to many desserts...
Coconut is a sweet addition to many healthy breakfast recipes...
The health perks of coffee only add to it's appeal for coffee...
If you’re looking for healthier food to enjoy during the...
Lentils are a versatile, budget-friendly and healthy addition...
Pork chops are a versatile and budget-friendly option for...
Apple recipes are a favorite fall fruit, whether you enjoy...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
If you like your food hot—spicy, that is—we've got some...
Mediterranean cuisine is delicious: it’s rich in fruits,...
This Valentine’s Day, stay in with the ones you love and make...
Ring in the Chinese New Year with these healthy Chinese...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Ease of Preparation
- November/December 2010