Ham & Red Pepper Spread
From EatingWell: November/December 2010
Spread this creamy ham and roasted red pepper dip on Belgian endive, crackers or toasted baguette or use it as a dip for vegetables.
- 1 1/2 cups diced ham (about 8 ounces)
- 1 cup diced roasted red peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika (see Note)
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel), softened
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Pulse ham, peppers, paprika and vinegar in a food processor until the ham is finely chopped. Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl. Add cream cheese and parsley. Stir until smooth.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- Note: Look for smoked paprika in large supermarkets with other spices and at tienda.com.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 72 calories; 3 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 18 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 6 g protein; 0 g fiber; 534 mg sodium; 114 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1/2 medium-fat meat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- November/December 2010