Ham & Red Pepper Spread
From EatingWell: November/December 2010
Spread this creamy ham and roasted red pepper dip on Belgian endive, crackers or toasted baguette or use it as a dip for vegetables.
- 1 1/2 cups diced ham (about 8 ounces)
- 1 cup diced roasted red peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika (see Note)
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel), softened
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Pulse ham, peppers, paprika and vinegar in a food processor until the ham is finely chopped. Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl. Add cream cheese and parsley. Stir until smooth.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- Note: Look for smoked paprika in large supermarkets with other spices and at tienda.com.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 72 calories; 3 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 18 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 6 g protein; 0 g fiber; 534 mg sodium; 114 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1/2 medium-fat meat
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- November/December 2010