Ham & Red Pepper Spread
From EatingWell: November/December 2010
Spread this creamy ham and roasted red pepper dip on Belgian endive, crackers or toasted baguette or use it as a dip for vegetables.
- 1 1/2 cups diced ham (about 8 ounces)
- 1 cup diced roasted red peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika (see Note)
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel), softened
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Pulse ham, peppers, paprika and vinegar in a food processor until the ham is finely chopped. Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl. Add cream cheese and parsley. Stir until smooth.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- Note: Look for smoked paprika in large supermarkets with other spices and at tienda.com.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 72 calories; 3 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 18 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 6 g protein; 0 g fiber; 534 mg sodium; 114 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1/2 medium-fat meat
More From EatingWell
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
Eating meatless at least once a week has a host of health...
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
These healthy vegan recipes take you on a virtual trip around...
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- November/December 2010
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)