Ham & Red Pepper Spread
From EatingWell: November/December 2010
Spread this creamy ham and roasted red pepper dip on Belgian endive, crackers or toasted baguette or use it as a dip for vegetables.
- 1 1/2 cups diced ham (about 8 ounces)
- 1 cup diced roasted red peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika (see Note)
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel), softened
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Pulse ham, peppers, paprika and vinegar in a food processor until the ham is finely chopped. Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl. Add cream cheese and parsley. Stir until smooth.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- Note: Look for smoked paprika in large supermarkets with other spices and at tienda.com.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 72 calories; 3 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 18 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 6 g protein; 0 g fiber; 534 mg sodium; 114 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1/2 medium-fat meat
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- November/December 2010