Halibut with Herbs & Capers
A vibrant herb paste brings robust flavor to a delicate fish.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped pitted green olives
- 2 teaspoons drained capers, rinsed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1-pound halibut fillet, cut into 4 portions
- Place onion, parsley, cilantro, lemon zest, lemon juice, olives, capers, garlic and pepper in a food processor; pulse several times to chop. Add oil and process, scraping down the sides several times, until a pesto-like paste forms. Pat halibut with the herb paste. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a 7-by-11-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange the halibut in the dish and spoon any extra herb mixture on top. Bake, uncovered, until the fish is opaque in the center, 15 to 20 minutes. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 199 calories; 10 g fat (1 g sat, 6 g mono); 36 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 24 g protein; 1 g fiber; 125 mg sodium; 557 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (60% daily value), Vitamin C (15% dv).
Exchanges: 3 very lean meat, 2 fat (mono)
More From EatingWell
If you want to make the spread at your next party look...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Entertaining, formal
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood