Halibut with Herbs & Capers
A vibrant herb paste brings robust flavor to a delicate fish.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped pitted green olives
- 2 teaspoons drained capers, rinsed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1-pound halibut fillet, cut into 4 portions
- Place onion, parsley, cilantro, lemon zest, lemon juice, olives, capers, garlic and pepper in a food processor; pulse several times to chop. Add oil and process, scraping down the sides several times, until a pesto-like paste forms. Pat halibut with the herb paste. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a 7-by-11-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange the halibut in the dish and spoon any extra herb mixture on top. Bake, uncovered, until the fish is opaque in the center, 15 to 20 minutes. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 199 calories; 10 g fat (1 g sat, 6 g mono); 36 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 24 g protein; 1 g fiber; 125 mg sodium; 557 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (60% daily value), Vitamin C (15% dv).
Exchanges: 3 very lean meat, 2 fat (mono)
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Entertaining, formal