Halibut with Herb-Almond Crust
From EatingWell: November/December 1993
Fresh oregano, mint and breadcrumbs are a tasty topping for firm-fleshed fish like halibut or mahi-mahi. Make it a meal: Serve with sliced fresh tomatoes sprinkled with oregano and mint and Potato Galette.
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup fine, dry, unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted almonds, (1 ounce)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds halibut or mahi-mahi fillet, cut into 4 pieces
- 4 lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly oil a wire rack large enough to hold fillets in a single layer. Place the rack on a baking sheet and set aside.
- Whisk together yogurt, egg white and mustard in a medium bowl until creamy. Combine the breadcrumbs, almonds, oregano, mint, salt and pepper in a shallow dish.
- Dip each piece of fish in the crumb mixture, then in the yogurt mixture, and once again in the crumb mixture. Set on the prepared rack; they should not touch. Bake until lightly browned on the outside and opaque in the center, 12 to 15 minutes. Serve hot with lemon wedges.
Per serving: 278 calories; 7 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 46 mg cholesterol; 17 g carbohydrates; 35 g protein; 2 g fiber; 428 mg sodium; 751 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium (21% daily value), Calcium (15% dv), Magnesium (36% dv), Selenium (83% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 4 very lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 1993