Halibut with Herb-Almond Crust
From EatingWell: November/December 1993
Fresh oregano, mint and breadcrumbs are a tasty topping for firm-fleshed fish like halibut or mahi-mahi. Make it a meal: Serve with sliced fresh tomatoes sprinkled with oregano and mint and Potato Galette.
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup fine, dry, unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted almonds, (1 ounce)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds halibut or mahi-mahi fillet, cut into 4 pieces
- 4 lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly oil a wire rack large enough to hold fillets in a single layer. Place the rack on a baking sheet and set aside.
- Whisk together yogurt, egg white and mustard in a medium bowl until creamy. Combine the breadcrumbs, almonds, oregano, mint, salt and pepper in a shallow dish.
- Dip each piece of fish in the crumb mixture, then in the yogurt mixture, and once again in the crumb mixture. Set on the prepared rack; they should not touch. Bake until lightly browned on the outside and opaque in the center, 12 to 15 minutes. Serve hot with lemon wedges.
Per serving: 278 calories; 7 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 46 mg cholesterol; 17 g carbohydrates; 35 g protein; 2 g fiber; 428 mg sodium; 751 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium (21% daily value), Calcium (15% dv), Magnesium (36% dv), Selenium (83% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 4 very lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 1993
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)