Halibut with Herb-Almond Crust
From EatingWell: November/December 1993
Fresh oregano, mint and breadcrumbs are a tasty topping for firm-fleshed fish like halibut or mahi-mahi. Make it a meal: Serve with sliced fresh tomatoes sprinkled with oregano and mint and Potato Galette.
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup fine, dry, unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted almonds, (1 ounce)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds halibut or mahi-mahi fillet, cut into 4 pieces
- 4 lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly oil a wire rack large enough to hold fillets in a single layer. Place the rack on a baking sheet and set aside.
- Whisk together yogurt, egg white and mustard in a medium bowl until creamy. Combine the breadcrumbs, almonds, oregano, mint, salt and pepper in a shallow dish.
- Dip each piece of fish in the crumb mixture, then in the yogurt mixture, and once again in the crumb mixture. Set on the prepared rack; they should not touch. Bake until lightly browned on the outside and opaque in the center, 12 to 15 minutes. Serve hot with lemon wedges.
Per serving: 278 calories; 7 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 46 mg cholesterol; 17 g carbohydrates; 35 g protein; 2 g fiber; 428 mg sodium; 751 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium (21% daily value), Calcium (15% dv), Magnesium (36% dv), Selenium (83% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 4 very lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 1993