Halibut with Herb-Almond Crust
From EatingWell: November/December 1993
Fresh oregano, mint and breadcrumbs are a tasty topping for firm-fleshed fish like halibut or mahi-mahi. Make it a meal: Serve with sliced fresh tomatoes sprinkled with oregano and mint and Potato Galette.
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup fine, dry, unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted almonds, (1 ounce)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds halibut or mahi-mahi fillet, cut into 4 pieces
- 4 lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly oil a wire rack large enough to hold fillets in a single layer. Place the rack on a baking sheet and set aside.
- Whisk together yogurt, egg white and mustard in a medium bowl until creamy. Combine the breadcrumbs, almonds, oregano, mint, salt and pepper in a shallow dish.
- Dip each piece of fish in the crumb mixture, then in the yogurt mixture, and once again in the crumb mixture. Set on the prepared rack; they should not touch. Bake until lightly browned on the outside and opaque in the center, 12 to 15 minutes. Serve hot with lemon wedges.
Per serving: 278 calories; 7 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 46 mg cholesterol; 17 g carbohydrates; 35 g protein; 2 g fiber; 428 mg sodium; 751 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium (21% daily value), Calcium (15% dv), Magnesium (36% dv), Selenium (83% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 4 very lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- November/December 1993