Halibut with Herb-Almond Crust
From EatingWell: November/December 1993
Fresh oregano, mint and breadcrumbs are a tasty topping for firm-fleshed fish like halibut or mahi-mahi. Make it a meal: Serve with sliced fresh tomatoes sprinkled with oregano and mint and Potato Galette.
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup fine, dry, unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted almonds, (1 ounce)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds halibut or mahi-mahi fillet, cut into 4 pieces
- 4 lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly oil a wire rack large enough to hold fillets in a single layer. Place the rack on a baking sheet and set aside.
- Whisk together yogurt, egg white and mustard in a medium bowl until creamy. Combine the breadcrumbs, almonds, oregano, mint, salt and pepper in a shallow dish.
- Dip each piece of fish in the crumb mixture, then in the yogurt mixture, and once again in the crumb mixture. Set on the prepared rack; they should not touch. Bake until lightly browned on the outside and opaque in the center, 12 to 15 minutes. Serve hot with lemon wedges.
Per serving: 278 calories; 7 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 46 mg cholesterol; 17 g carbohydrates; 35 g protein; 2 g fiber; 428 mg sodium; 751 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium (21% daily value), Calcium (15% dv), Magnesium (36% dv), Selenium (83% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 4 very lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
Don’t be fooled: granola sounds healthy, but it's often high...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Summer's bounty of fresh berries invites creativity. From...
Fiber-rich okra is delicious, whether pickled, roasted or...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
If you’re following the Paleo Diet then you know that you...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- November/December 1993