Grilled Halibut Salad with Beet-Carrot Slaw
From EatingWell: May/June 2012
The halibut doesn’t stick or fall apart in this salad recipe because you grill it on foil. A beet and carrot slaw with tarragon-lemon vinaigrette makes this meal a standout.
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 1/4 pounds halibut or swordfish, skinned
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 6 sprigs fresh tarragon plus 2 tablespoons finely chopped, divided
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon whole-grain mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 heads butterhead lettuce, torn
- 1 large beet, preferably golden or Chioggia, shredded
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Measure a piece of foil large enough to hold the fish and coat it with cooking spray. Place a layer of lemon slices on the foil and lay fish on the lemon slices. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and top with tarragon sprigs.
- Grill the fish on the foil (without turning) until it flakes easily, 12 to 20 minutes, depending on the thickness.
- Meanwhile, whisk oil, lemon juice, chopped tarragon, mustard, pepper and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt in a bowl.
- Toss lettuce with about 1/4 cup of the dressing in a large bowl; divide among 4 plates. Add beet and carrot to the bowl; toss with 2 tablespoons of the dressing. Divide the fish and slaw among the plates (discard the tarragon sprigs and lemon slices). Drizzle with the remaining dressing.
Per serving: 339 calories; 20 g fat (3 g sat, 14 g mono); 69 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 30 g protein; 4 g fiber; 597 mg sodium; 1296 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (209% daily value), Folate (52% dv), Potassium (37% dv), Vitamin C (27% dv), Iron & Magnesium (18% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 3 1/2 lean meat, 3 fat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 2012