Grilled Halibut Salad with Beet-Carrot Slaw
From EatingWell: May/June 2012
The halibut doesn’t stick or fall apart in this salad recipe because you grill it on foil. A beet and carrot slaw with tarragon-lemon vinaigrette makes this meal a standout.
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 1/4 pounds halibut or swordfish, skinned
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 6 sprigs fresh tarragon plus 2 tablespoons finely chopped, divided
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon whole-grain mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 heads butterhead lettuce, torn
- 1 large beet, preferably golden or Chioggia, shredded
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Measure a piece of foil large enough to hold the fish and coat it with cooking spray. Place a layer of lemon slices on the foil and lay fish on the lemon slices. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and top with tarragon sprigs.
- Grill the fish on the foil (without turning) until it flakes easily, 12 to 20 minutes, depending on the thickness.
- Meanwhile, whisk oil, lemon juice, chopped tarragon, mustard, pepper and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt in a bowl.
- Toss lettuce with about 1/4 cup of the dressing in a large bowl; divide among 4 plates. Add beet and carrot to the bowl; toss with 2 tablespoons of the dressing. Divide the fish and slaw among the plates (discard the tarragon sprigs and lemon slices). Drizzle with the remaining dressing.
Per serving: 339 calories; 20 g fat (3 g sat, 14 g mono); 69 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 30 g protein; 4 g fiber; 597 mg sodium; 1296 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (209% daily value), Folate (52% dv), Potassium (37% dv), Vitamin C (27% dv), Iron & Magnesium (18% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 3 1/2 lean meat, 3 fat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- May/June 2012