Grilled Halibut Salad with Beet-Carrot Slaw
From EatingWell: May/June 2012
The halibut doesn’t stick or fall apart in this salad recipe because you grill it on foil. A beet and carrot slaw with tarragon-lemon vinaigrette makes this meal a standout.
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 1/4 pounds halibut or swordfish, skinned
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 6 sprigs fresh tarragon plus 2 tablespoons finely chopped, divided
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon whole-grain mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 heads butterhead lettuce, torn
- 1 large beet, preferably golden or Chioggia, shredded
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Measure a piece of foil large enough to hold the fish and coat it with cooking spray. Place a layer of lemon slices on the foil and lay fish on the lemon slices. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and top with tarragon sprigs.
- Grill the fish on the foil (without turning) until it flakes easily, 12 to 20 minutes, depending on the thickness.
- Meanwhile, whisk oil, lemon juice, chopped tarragon, mustard, pepper and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt in a bowl.
- Toss lettuce with about 1/4 cup of the dressing in a large bowl; divide among 4 plates. Add beet and carrot to the bowl; toss with 2 tablespoons of the dressing. Divide the fish and slaw among the plates (discard the tarragon sprigs and lemon slices). Drizzle with the remaining dressing.
Per serving: 339 calories; 20 g fat (3 g sat, 14 g mono); 69 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 30 g protein; 4 g fiber; 597 mg sodium; 1296 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (209% daily value), Folate (52% dv), Potassium (37% dv), Vitamin C (27% dv), Iron & Magnesium (18% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 3 1/2 lean meat, 3 fat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 2012