Fish cookery doesn’t get any easier than this. Look for the freshest fish you can find—just about any firm, mild white fish will be a fine foil for this spicy tomato sauce.
- 1 1/4 pounds halibut, striped bass or tilapia fillet, cut into 4 portions
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 10-ounce can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1/4 cup sliced green olives with pimientos
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Arrange fish on baking sheet. Season with 1/2 teaspoon cumin, salt and pepper.
- Combine tomatoes, olives, cilantro, oil and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon cumin in a small bowl. Spoon over the fish.
- Bake the fish until flaky and opaque in the center, 12 to 15 minutes. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 188 calories; 7 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 45 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 30 g protein; 1 g fiber; 758 mg sodium; 638 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium (18% daily value).
Exchanges: 4 very lean meat, 1 fat (mono)
More From EatingWell
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
Don’t be fooled: granola sounds healthy, but it's often high...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Summer's bounty of fresh berries invites creativity. From...
Fiber-rich okra is delicious, whether pickled, roasted or...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
If you’re following the Paleo Diet then you know that you...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Quick (total 30 min. or less)
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- Ease of Preparation