Fish cookery doesn’t get any easier than this. Look for the freshest fish you can find—just about any firm, mild white fish will be a fine foil for this spicy tomato sauce.
- 1 1/4 pounds halibut, striped bass or tilapia fillet, cut into 4 portions
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 10-ounce can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1/4 cup sliced green olives with pimientos
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Arrange fish on baking sheet. Season with 1/2 teaspoon cumin, salt and pepper.
- Combine tomatoes, olives, cilantro, oil and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon cumin in a small bowl. Spoon over the fish.
- Bake the fish until flaky and opaque in the center, 12 to 15 minutes. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 188 calories; 7 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 45 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 30 g protein; 1 g fiber; 758 mg sodium; 638 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium (18% daily value).
Exchanges: 4 very lean meat, 1 fat (mono)
More From EatingWell
A piping hot bowl of soup is the ultimate comfort food during...
Decadent cream-based soups are typically loaded with...
Enjoy seasonal fresh fruit even in winter with these healthy...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
Save money on food during the holiday season but still eat...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
Picture this: You arrive home tired and frazzled, and the...
Our gluten-free cookie recipes are a healthy and delicious...
Whether you’re making Christmas cookies for your annual...
End your holiday meal on a sweet note with our healthy...
Spend more time with friends and family and less time in the...
Our festive holiday cocktails, including healthy recipes for...
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...
These recipes for instant appetizers use 5 ingredients or...
Many holiday celebrations include festive drinks, and we’ve...
These festive holiday appetizers are tried-and-true cocktail...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Quick (total 30 min. or less)
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood