Fish cookery doesn’t get any easier than this. Look for the freshest fish you can find—just about any firm, mild white fish will be a fine foil for this spicy tomato sauce.
- 1 1/4 pounds halibut, striped bass or tilapia fillet, cut into 4 portions
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 10-ounce can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1/4 cup sliced green olives with pimientos
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Arrange fish on baking sheet. Season with 1/2 teaspoon cumin, salt and pepper.
- Combine tomatoes, olives, cilantro, oil and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon cumin in a small bowl. Spoon over the fish.
- Bake the fish until flaky and opaque in the center, 12 to 15 minutes. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 188 calories; 7 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 45 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 30 g protein; 1 g fiber; 758 mg sodium; 638 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium (18% daily value).
Exchanges: 4 very lean meat, 1 fat (mono)
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Quick (total 30 min. or less)
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique