I couldn't find any prepared polenta so I made my own with corn meal. I boiled 3:1 ratio of salted water to cornmeal for 25-30 mins stirring often with a whisk. It became very thick and dense. I placed it in a buttered dish and let it cool for 15 minutes as it takes the shape of the dish. Then it was ready to cut up and use in the recipe. I followed the rest of the recipe as is and it turned out beautifully. My partner said it was one of my best meals! We loved it! I would make this for company for sure.
Halibut Packets with Mushrooms & Polenta
From EatingWell: January/February 2012
Garlicky mushrooms spiked with bacon make a lovely garnish for halibut and polenta. We can’t decide what we like best about this dish: the flavors, healthfulness, ease or the fact that there is so little cleanup! Serve with steamed green beans tossed with olive oil, whole-grain mustard and a squeeze of lemon.
3 Reviews for Halibut Packets with Mushrooms & Polenta
I skipped oil and used bacon fat for frying other ingredients. I think I would drain bacon fat and then use oil to saute next time. It would be healthier. This was amazingly good. Having a mixture of mushrooms helped.
i ended up using haddock as i couldn't get halibut at the time of my meal prep. i also didn't end up putting the polenta in the packet as i'm not really a polenta fan. instead, i cooked up some farro for the grain. i was going to saute some kale but didn't have time. that would have made a great meal. Also, i found the bake time a little long, but maybe that was because i wasn't using the polenta. My partner scraped the plate- that's a sign of a keeper recipe!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)