Guacamole-stuffed eggs are the perfect healthy appetizer recipe for an easy, yet impressive, potluck or party dish.
- 6 large eggs
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup prepared fresh tomato salsa
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Kosher salt & cracked black pepper to taste
- Place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook at the barest simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, pour out hot water and cover the eggs with ice-cold water. Let stand in the water until cool enough to handle before peeling. Let cool to room temperature or refrigerate until cold.
- Meanwhile, mash avocado with salsa and lemon juice in a medium bowl until combined, but still a little chunky.
- Cut each egg in half; remove and discard yolks. Fill each half with about 2 teaspoons guacamole. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the unpeeled hard-boiled eggs for up to 1 week.
Per serving: 73 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 0 g total sugars; 4 g protein; 2 g fiber; 106 mg sodium; 211 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1/2 lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- Main Ingredient
- Ease of Preparation