I think it is asking for gastric problems if one eats tomatillos without cooking them. Although not tomatoes, tomatillos are from the tomato familly. Too many green tomatoes cause the same problem. Plus, I can think of much better things to put on my steaks and fish. And why use vinegar and lime juice? This makes no sense.
Grilled Tomatillo Salsa
Tomatillos are delicious raw, but they take on a sweet, smoky flavor when cooked on the grill. This quick salsa makes a great topping for grilled meats and fish and it's excellent with eggs and corn tortillas. If you like, add some diced avocado just before serving.
2 Reviews for Grilled Tomatillo Salsa
Nice recipe. I usually roast them in a hot dry pan. But raw? I don't agree. They need to at least be boiled before they are edible, IMHO. Here in NE PA it appears to be a good year for tomatillos. Last year I got them in September. This year I'll be picking the first this weekend.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)