Grilled Steak with Fresh Corn Salad
Prepare the ingredients for this easy salad before you head to the grill with the steak. That way, you can mix together the corn salad and serve it at once, while the taste is still bright and summery.
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 boneless strip (top loin) steaks, trimmed (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 5 large ears corn, husked
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small orange or red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- Preheat grill to high.
- Combine garlic, 1 teaspoon oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Rub the mixture on both sides of steaks. Place the steaks and corn on the grill. Grill the steaks 2 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let them rest while the corn finishes cooking. (The steaks will continue to cook while resting.) Grill the corn, turning to cook all sides, until some of the kernels are slightly charred, 8 minutes total. Let stand until cool enough to handle, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the kernels from the cobs using a sharp knife. Combine the corn, tomatoes and bell pepper in a medium bowl; stir in basil, vinegar, the remaining 2 teaspoons oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Slice the steaks and serve with the corn salad.
Per serving: 383 calories; 11 g fat (3 g sat, 6 g mono); 52 mg cholesterol; 39 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 35 g protein; 6 g fiber; 379 mg sodium; 1053 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (90% daily value), Zinc (40% dv), Potassium (30% dv), Vitamin A (30% dv), Folate (27% dv), Iron (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 1/2 vegetable, 4 lean meat
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation