Grilled Steak with Fresh Corn Salad
Prepare the ingredients for this easy salad before you head to the grill with the steak. That way, you can mix together the corn salad and serve it at once, while the taste is still bright and summery.
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 boneless strip (top loin) steaks, trimmed (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 5 large ears corn, husked
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small orange or red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- Preheat grill to high.
- Combine garlic, 1 teaspoon oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Rub the mixture on both sides of steaks. Place the steaks and corn on the grill. Grill the steaks 2 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let them rest while the corn finishes cooking. (The steaks will continue to cook while resting.) Grill the corn, turning to cook all sides, until some of the kernels are slightly charred, 8 minutes total. Let stand until cool enough to handle, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the kernels from the cobs using a sharp knife. Combine the corn, tomatoes and bell pepper in a medium bowl; stir in basil, vinegar, the remaining 2 teaspoons oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Slice the steaks and serve with the corn salad.
Per serving: 383 calories; 11 g fat (3 g sat, 6 g mono); 52 mg cholesterol; 39 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 35 g protein; 6 g fiber; 379 mg sodium; 1053 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (90% daily value), Zinc (40% dv), Potassium (30% dv), Vitamin A (30% dv), Folate (27% dv), Iron (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 1/2 vegetable, 4 lean meat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique