Grilled Steak with Beets & Radicchio
Peppery radicchio mellows a bit on the grill and is offset wonderfully by the sweet beets and earthy goat cheese dressing. Rib-eye or filet mignon would also be a delicious choice in this recipe.
- 2 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese, or feta cheese
- 2 teaspoons white-wine vinegar, or champagne vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 3 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small head radicchio, halved, cored and each half quartered
- 1 8-ounce can baby beets, drained
- 8 ounces New York strip (loin) steak, trimmed and cut into 2 portions
- Preheat grill to high.
- Place cheese in a medium bowl and mash it with the back of a spoon until creamy. Add vinegar, dry mustard, shallot, parsley, 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; whisk to combine. Slowly drizzle in 2 teaspoons oil and whisk until blended.
- Thread radicchio chunks and beets onto skewers and drizzle with 1 teaspoon oil. Rub steaks with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon oil. Season the steaks and skewered vegetables with the remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Grill the steaks 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Grill the vegetable skewers, turning frequently, until the radicchio is wilted and lightly charred, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer the steaks to a plate; let rest for 5 minutes. Remove the vegetables from the skewers. Serve steaks and vegetables with the sauce.
Per serving: 302 calories; 16 g fat (4 g sat, 9 g mono); 64 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrates; 26 g protein; 3 g fiber; 458 mg sodium; 819 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (40% daily value), Zinc (35% dv), Folate (29% dv), Iron (27% dv), Vitamin C (26% dv), Potassium (24% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 3 1/2 lean meat, 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
Don’t be fooled: granola sounds healthy, but it's often high...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Summer's bounty of fresh berries invites creativity. From...
Fiber-rich okra is delicious, whether pickled, roasted or...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
If you’re following the Paleo Diet then you know that you...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Valentine's Day
- Ease of Preparation