Grilled Sirloin Salad
This flavorful combo uses only one bowl and the grill; cleanup couldn't be any easier. Choose the greens you like best to give the salad customized character. Serve with grilled baguette, topped with sun-dried tomato tapenade, and icy cold beer.
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 8 ounces sirloin steak, trimmed of fat
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 scallions, white part only
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded
- 6 cups torn salad greens, such as escarole, curly endive, radicchio and/or watercress
- Preheat grill to high. Whisk soy sauce, vinegar, oil, sugar, ginger and garlic in a large bowl until the sugar dissolves.
- Rub pepper into both sides of steak. Season with salt. Place the steak, scallions and bell pepper half on the grill and cook for 4 minutes. Turn the steak and vegetables and cook until the steak is medium-rare and the vegetables are slightly charred, 3 to 4 minutes more.
- Let the steak stand for 5 minutes before cutting it, against the grain, into very thin slices. Cut the scallions into 1-inch pieces. Slice the bell pepper into long strips.
- Toss salad greens with the dressing. Divide between 2 plates and top with the steak and vegetables.
Per serving: 246 calories; 8 g fat (2 g sat, 3 g mono); 47 mg cholesterol; 16 g carbohydrates; 2 g added sugars; 30 g protein; 6 g fiber; 519 mg sodium; 1099 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (160% daily value), Vitamin A (120% dv), Potassium (31% dv), Iron & Zinc (30% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 3 vegetable, 3 lean meat
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique