Grilled Sirloin Salad
This flavorful combo uses only one bowl and the grill; cleanup couldn't be any easier. Choose the greens you like best to give the salad customized character. Serve with grilled baguette, topped with sun-dried tomato tapenade, and icy cold beer.
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 8 ounces sirloin steak, trimmed of fat
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 scallions, white part only
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded
- 6 cups torn salad greens, such as escarole, curly endive, radicchio and/or watercress
- Preheat grill to high. Whisk soy sauce, vinegar, oil, sugar, ginger and garlic in a large bowl until the sugar dissolves.
- Rub pepper into both sides of steak. Season with salt. Place the steak, scallions and bell pepper half on the grill and cook for 4 minutes. Turn the steak and vegetables and cook until the steak is medium-rare and the vegetables are slightly charred, 3 to 4 minutes more.
- Let the steak stand for 5 minutes before cutting it, against the grain, into very thin slices. Cut the scallions into 1-inch pieces. Slice the bell pepper into long strips.
- Toss salad greens with the dressing. Divide between 2 plates and top with the steak and vegetables.
Per serving: 246 calories; 8 g fat (2 g sat, 3 g mono); 47 mg cholesterol; 16 g carbohydrates; 2 g added sugars; 30 g protein; 6 g fiber; 519 mg sodium; 1099 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (160% daily value), Vitamin A (120% dv), Potassium (31% dv), Iron & Zinc (30% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 3 vegetable, 3 lean meat
More From EatingWell
Our easy holiday appetizer recipes are great for a holiday...
Citrus fruit, such as grapefruit, lemons, limes and oranges,...
Kale and other dark leafy greens are a flavorful, vitamin-...
Making a quick and healthy dinner when you really pressed for...
A piping hot bowl of soup is the ultimate comfort food during...
Decadent cream-based soups are typically loaded with...
Enjoy seasonal fresh fruit even in winter with these healthy...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
Save money on food during the holiday season but still eat...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
Picture this: You arrive home tired and frazzled, and the...
Our gluten-free cookie recipes are a healthy and delicious...
Whether you’re making Christmas cookies for your annual...
End your holiday meal on a sweet note with our healthy...
Spend more time with friends and family and less time in the...
Our festive holiday cocktails, including healthy recipes for...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique