Grilled Sirloin Salad
This flavorful combo uses only one bowl and the grill; cleanup couldn't be any easier. Choose the greens you like best to give the salad customized character. Serve with grilled baguette, topped with sun-dried tomato tapenade, and icy cold beer.
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 8 ounces sirloin steak, trimmed of fat
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 scallions, white part only
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded
- 6 cups torn salad greens, such as escarole, curly endive, radicchio and/or watercress
- Preheat grill to high. Whisk soy sauce, vinegar, oil, sugar, ginger and garlic in a large bowl until the sugar dissolves.
- Rub pepper into both sides of steak. Season with salt. Place the steak, scallions and bell pepper half on the grill and cook for 4 minutes. Turn the steak and vegetables and cook until the steak is medium-rare and the vegetables are slightly charred, 3 to 4 minutes more.
- Let the steak stand for 5 minutes before cutting it, against the grain, into very thin slices. Cut the scallions into 1-inch pieces. Slice the bell pepper into long strips.
- Toss salad greens with the dressing. Divide between 2 plates and top with the steak and vegetables.
Per serving: 246 calories; 8 g fat (2 g sat, 3 g mono); 47 mg cholesterol; 16 g carbohydrates; 2 g added sugars; 30 g protein; 6 g fiber; 519 mg sodium; 1099 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (160% daily value), Vitamin A (120% dv), Potassium (31% dv), Iron & Zinc (30% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 3 vegetable, 3 lean meat
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique