Grilled Sirloin Salad
Pepper-crusted steak, grill-charred vegetables and sesame-ginger dressing turn fresh salad greens into an exciting main course.
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns, crushed
- 1 12-ounce sirloin steak, trimmed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 16 scallions, white part only
- 1 red bell pepper, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 2 cups torn salad greens, such as escarole, curly endive, radicchio or watercress
- Preheat grill to high.
- Combine garlic, soy sauce, vinegar, oil, brown sugar and ginger in a blender or food processor; blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Press peppercorns into both sides of sirloin. Season with salt. Place the sirloin, scallions and bell pepper halves on the grill and cook for 4 minutes. Turn over and cook until the meat is medium-rare and the vegetables are slightly charred, about 4 minutes more.
- Let sirloin rest for 5 minutes, then slice thinly, against the grain. Cut scallions into 1-inch pieces. Slice the pepper lengthwise into strips.
- Toss greens with the reserved dressing in a large bowl. Arrange on a platter or 4 plates. Top with sirloin and grilled vegetables. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 202 calories; 6 g fat (2 g sat, 2 g mono); 52 mg cholesterol; 14 g carbohydrates; 2 g added sugars; 23 g protein; 5 g fiber; 422 mg sodium; 835 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (170% daily value), Vitamin A (120% dv), Potassium (40% dv), Folate (39% dv), Zinc (27% dv), Iron (20% dv), Fiber (18% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 2 1/2 lean meat, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique