Grilled Sirloin Salad
Pepper-crusted steak, grill-charred vegetables and sesame-ginger dressing turn fresh salad greens into an exciting main course.
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns, crushed
- 1 12-ounce sirloin steak, trimmed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 16 scallions, white part only
- 1 red bell pepper, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 2 cups torn salad greens, such as escarole, curly endive, radicchio or watercress
- Preheat grill to high.
- Combine garlic, soy sauce, vinegar, oil, brown sugar and ginger in a blender or food processor; blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Press peppercorns into both sides of sirloin. Season with salt. Place the sirloin, scallions and bell pepper halves on the grill and cook for 4 minutes. Turn over and cook until the meat is medium-rare and the vegetables are slightly charred, about 4 minutes more.
- Let sirloin rest for 5 minutes, then slice thinly, against the grain. Cut scallions into 1-inch pieces. Slice the pepper lengthwise into strips.
- Toss greens with the reserved dressing in a large bowl. Arrange on a platter or 4 plates. Top with sirloin and grilled vegetables. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 202 calories; 6 g fat (2 g sat, 2 g mono); 52 mg cholesterol; 14 g carbohydrates; 2 g added sugars; 23 g protein; 5 g fiber; 422 mg sodium; 835 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (170% daily value), Vitamin A (120% dv), Potassium (40% dv), Folate (39% dv), Zinc (27% dv), Iron (20% dv), Fiber (18% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 2 1/2 lean meat, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique