Grilled Sirloin Salad
Pepper-crusted steak, grill-charred vegetables and sesame-ginger dressing turn fresh salad greens into an exciting main course.
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns, crushed
- 1 12-ounce sirloin steak, trimmed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 16 scallions, white part only
- 1 red bell pepper, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 2 cups torn salad greens, such as escarole, curly endive, radicchio or watercress
- Preheat grill to high.
- Combine garlic, soy sauce, vinegar, oil, brown sugar and ginger in a blender or food processor; blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Press peppercorns into both sides of sirloin. Season with salt. Place the sirloin, scallions and bell pepper halves on the grill and cook for 4 minutes. Turn over and cook until the meat is medium-rare and the vegetables are slightly charred, about 4 minutes more.
- Let sirloin rest for 5 minutes, then slice thinly, against the grain. Cut scallions into 1-inch pieces. Slice the pepper lengthwise into strips.
- Toss greens with the reserved dressing in a large bowl. Arrange on a platter or 4 plates. Top with sirloin and grilled vegetables. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 202 calories; 6 g fat (2 g sat, 2 g mono); 52 mg cholesterol; 14 g carbohydrates; 2 g added sugars; 23 g protein; 5 g fiber; 422 mg sodium; 835 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (170% daily value), Vitamin A (120% dv), Potassium (40% dv), Folate (39% dv), Zinc (27% dv), Iron (20% dv), Fiber (18% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 2 1/2 lean meat, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Our easy holiday appetizer recipes are great for a holiday...
Citrus fruit, such as grapefruit, lemons, limes and oranges,...
Kale and other dark leafy greens are a flavorful, vitamin-...
Making a quick and healthy dinner when you really pressed for...
A piping hot bowl of soup is the ultimate comfort food during...
Decadent cream-based soups are typically loaded with...
Enjoy seasonal fresh fruit even in winter with these healthy...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
Save money on food during the holiday season but still eat...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
Picture this: You arrive home tired and frazzled, and the...
Our gluten-free cookie recipes are a healthy and delicious...
Whether you’re making Christmas cookies for your annual...
End your holiday meal on a sweet note with our healthy...
Spend more time with friends and family and less time in the...
Our festive holiday cocktails, including healthy recipes for...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique