Grilled Sirloin Salad
Pepper-crusted steak, grill-charred vegetables and sesame-ginger dressing turn fresh salad greens into an exciting main course.
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns, crushed
- 1 12-ounce sirloin steak, trimmed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 16 scallions, white part only
- 1 red bell pepper, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 2 cups torn salad greens, such as escarole, curly endive, radicchio or watercress
- Preheat grill to high.
- Combine garlic, soy sauce, vinegar, oil, brown sugar and ginger in a blender or food processor; blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Press peppercorns into both sides of sirloin. Season with salt. Place the sirloin, scallions and bell pepper halves on the grill and cook for 4 minutes. Turn over and cook until the meat is medium-rare and the vegetables are slightly charred, about 4 minutes more.
- Let sirloin rest for 5 minutes, then slice thinly, against the grain. Cut scallions into 1-inch pieces. Slice the pepper lengthwise into strips.
- Toss greens with the reserved dressing in a large bowl. Arrange on a platter or 4 plates. Top with sirloin and grilled vegetables. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 202 calories; 6 g fat (2 g sat, 2 g mono); 52 mg cholesterol; 14 g carbohydrates; 2 g added sugars; 23 g protein; 5 g fiber; 422 mg sodium; 835 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (170% daily value), Vitamin A (120% dv), Potassium (40% dv), Folate (39% dv), Zinc (27% dv), Iron (20% dv), Fiber (18% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 2 1/2 lean meat, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you want to make the spread at your next party look...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique