Grilled Sirloin Salad
Pepper-crusted steak, grill-charred vegetables and sesame-ginger dressing turn fresh salad greens into an exciting main course.
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns, crushed
- 1 12-ounce sirloin steak, trimmed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 16 scallions, white part only
- 1 red bell pepper, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 2 cups torn salad greens, such as escarole, curly endive, radicchio or watercress
- Preheat grill to high.
- Combine garlic, soy sauce, vinegar, oil, brown sugar and ginger in a blender or food processor; blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Press peppercorns into both sides of sirloin. Season with salt. Place the sirloin, scallions and bell pepper halves on the grill and cook for 4 minutes. Turn over and cook until the meat is medium-rare and the vegetables are slightly charred, about 4 minutes more.
- Let sirloin rest for 5 minutes, then slice thinly, against the grain. Cut scallions into 1-inch pieces. Slice the pepper lengthwise into strips.
- Toss greens with the reserved dressing in a large bowl. Arrange on a platter or 4 plates. Top with sirloin and grilled vegetables. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 202 calories; 6 g fat (2 g sat, 2 g mono); 52 mg cholesterol; 14 g carbohydrates; 2 g added sugars; 23 g protein; 5 g fiber; 422 mg sodium; 835 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (170% daily value), Vitamin A (120% dv), Potassium (40% dv), Folate (39% dv), Zinc (27% dv), Iron (20% dv), Fiber (18% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 2 1/2 lean meat, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Ready in 30 minutes or less, these healthy spring recipes are...
Whether you’re making soup for an appetizer or a main-course...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Asparagus is high in folic acid and is a good source of...
Comfort foods are notoriously high in calories and saturated...
Entertaining is made easy with these delicious brunch recipes...
Spend less time in the kitchen; plug in your crock pot! Slow...
Healthy dinners that fit in one bowl are quick and convenient...
There's nothing better than a quick, easy and affordable...
Our low-calorie comfort food recipes are soothing, comforting...
Your slow cooker is the perfect tool to prepare an easy meal...
If you’re hoping to get a better night’s sleep, try adding...
Everyone is Irish on St. Patrick’s Day! Celebrate this year...
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique