Grilled Shrimp Remoulade
An updated and untraditional rémoulade makes a tangy sauce for these spice-rubbed shrimp. While this is a warm-weather favorite on the grill, you can also cook the shrimp under a preheated broiler. Cook shrimp on a lightly sprayed broiler rack, about 4 inches from the heat, for a winter warmer any night of the week.
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce, such as
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 36 raw shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 1 pound)
- To prepare sauce: Mix mayonnaise, yogurt, parsley, mustard and hot sauce in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
- Preheat grill to high.
- To prepare shrimp: Combine cumin, paprika, coriander, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add shrimp and toss to coat with spices. Thread the shrimp onto four 12-inch skewers. Oil the grill rack (see Tip). Grill the shrimp until just cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Carefully remove the shrimp from the skewers. Serve immediately, with the sauce.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover the rémoulade sauce and refrigerate for up to 1 day. | Equipment: Four 12-inch skewers (see Tip, below)
- When using wooden skewers, wrap the exposed parts with foil to keep them from burning. (Contrary to conventional wisdom, soaking skewers in water doesn't protect them.)
- To oil a grill rack: Oil a folded paper towel, hold it with tongs and rub it over the rack. (Do not use cooking spray on a hot grill.)
Per serving: 114 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 101 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 12 g protein; 1 g fiber; 379 mg sodium; 135 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (28% daily value), Vitamin A (15% dv).
Exchanges: 2 very lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Turnips are a root vegetable with purple-white skin and a...
A piping-hot bowl of soup makes a delicious dinner and an...
Instead of ordering takeout tonight, try an easy chicken stir...
Whether you’re eating chickpeas in a salad, pasta dish or...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
Vegetables are one of the healthiest foods you can eat,...
Our healthy low-carb desserts are delicious ways to end your...
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation