Grilled Salmon Steaks with Mustard-Orange Marinade
Staples like orange-juice concentrate and Dijon mustard turn into a quick and flavorful marinade for omega-3-rich salmon. Make it a meal: Warm Green Bean Salad with Toasted Walnuts is a nice side dish for this tangy salmon.
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange-juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 tablespoon minced scallions
- 4 5-ounce salmon steaks
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat grill.
- Stir together mustard, orange-juice concentrate and scallions in a shallow dish. Add salmon and turn to coat both sides. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Oil the grill rack (see Tip). Cook the salmon just until it is opaque in the center, about 5 minutes per side. Season with salt and pepper.
Tips & Notes
- To oil a grill rack: Oil a folded paper towel, hold it with tongs and rub it over the rack. (Do not use cooking spray on a hot grill.) When grilling delicate foods like tofu and fish, it is helpful to spray the food with cooking spray.
Per serving: 274 calories; 15 g fat (3 g sat, 5 g mono); 84 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 28 g protein; 0 g fiber; 254 mg sodium; 577 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (30% daily value), Potassium (16% dv), Selenium (74% dv).
Exchanges: 4 1/2 lean meat
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Entertaining, casual
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient