Grilled Salmon Steaks with Mustard-Orange Marinade
Staples like orange-juice concentrate and Dijon mustard turn into a quick and flavorful marinade for omega-3-rich salmon. Make it a meal: Warm Green Bean Salad with Toasted Walnuts is a nice side dish for this tangy salmon.
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange-juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 tablespoon minced scallions
- 4 5-ounce salmon steaks
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat grill.
- Stir together mustard, orange-juice concentrate and scallions in a shallow dish. Add salmon and turn to coat both sides. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Oil the grill rack (see Tip). Cook the salmon just until it is opaque in the center, about 5 minutes per side. Season with salt and pepper.
Tips & Notes
- To oil a grill rack: Oil a folded paper towel, hold it with tongs and rub it over the rack. (Do not use cooking spray on a hot grill.) When grilling delicate foods like tofu and fish, it is helpful to spray the food with cooking spray.
Per serving: 274 calories; 15 g fat (3 g sat, 5 g mono); 84 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 28 g protein; 0 g fiber; 254 mg sodium; 577 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (30% daily value), Potassium (16% dv), Selenium (74% dv).
Exchanges: 4 1/2 lean meat
More From EatingWell
Our easy holiday appetizer recipes are great for a holiday...
Citrus fruit, such as grapefruit, lemons, limes and oranges,...
Kale and other dark leafy greens are a flavorful, vitamin-...
Making a quick and healthy dinner when you really pressed for...
A piping hot bowl of soup is the ultimate comfort food during...
Decadent cream-based soups are typically loaded with...
Enjoy seasonal fresh fruit even in winter with these healthy...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
Save money on food during the holiday season but still eat...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
Picture this: You arrive home tired and frazzled, and the...
Our gluten-free cookie recipes are a healthy and delicious...
Whether you’re making Christmas cookies for your annual...
End your holiday meal on a sweet note with our healthy...
Spend more time with friends and family and less time in the...
Our festive holiday cocktails, including healthy recipes for...
- Entertaining, casual
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient