Grilled Salmon Steaks with Mustard-Orange Marinade
Staples like orange-juice concentrate and Dijon mustard turn into a quick and flavorful marinade for omega-3-rich salmon. Make it a meal: Warm Green Bean Salad with Toasted Walnuts is a nice side dish for this tangy salmon.
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange-juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 tablespoon minced scallions
- 4 5-ounce salmon steaks
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat grill.
- Stir together mustard, orange-juice concentrate and scallions in a shallow dish. Add salmon and turn to coat both sides. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Oil the grill rack (see Tip). Cook the salmon just until it is opaque in the center, about 5 minutes per side. Season with salt and pepper.
Tips & Notes
- To oil a grill rack: Oil a folded paper towel, hold it with tongs and rub it over the rack. (Do not use cooking spray on a hot grill.) When grilling delicate foods like tofu and fish, it is helpful to spray the food with cooking spray.
Per serving: 274 calories; 15 g fat (3 g sat, 5 g mono); 84 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 28 g protein; 0 g fiber; 254 mg sodium; 577 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (30% daily value), Potassium (16% dv), Selenium (74% dv).
Exchanges: 4 1/2 lean meat
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Entertaining, casual
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient