Grilled Salmon Soft Tacos
From EatingWell: March/April 2008
Fish tacos have become all the rage in recent years and are a specialty of the Pacific coast of Southern California and Mexico. This is a simple recipe: all the components can be made ahead of time and the fish grilled at the last moment. You can also use halibut, sea bass or tilapia in place of the salmon.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ancho or New Mexico chile powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 4-ounce wild salmon fillets, about 1-inch thick, skin on
- 8 6-inch corn or flour tortillas, warmed
- Cabbage Slaw, (recipe follows)
- Citrus Salsa, (recipe follows)
- Cilantro Crema, (recipe follows)
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Combine oil, chile powder, lime juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Rub the spice mixture liberally over salmon. Grill the salmon, skin-side down, until it is just cooked through, about 8 minutes. Cut each fillet lengthwise into 2 pieces and remove the skin.
- To serve, place 2 tortillas on each plate. Evenly divide the fish, Cabbage Slaw, Citrus Salsa and Cilantro Crema among the tortillas.
Tips & Notes
- To warm tortillas, wrap in barely damp paper towels and microwave on High for 30 to 45 seconds or wrap in foil and bake at 300Â°F until steaming, 5 to 10 minutes.
Per serving: 567 calories; 30 g fat (6 g sat, 17 g mono); 83 mg cholesterol; 45 g carbohydrates; 32 g protein; 9 g fiber; 481 mg sodium; 1151 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (170% daily value), Selenium (74% dv), Potassium (33% dv), Folate (23% dv), Calcium (15% dv), excellent source of omega-3s.
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 fruit, 1 vegetable, 3 1/2 lean meat, 4 fat
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Cinco de Mayo
- March/April 2008