Grilled Salmon Soft Tacos
From EatingWell: March/April 2008
Fish tacos have become all the rage in recent years and are a specialty of the Pacific coast of Southern California and Mexico. This is a simple recipe: all the components can be made ahead of time and the fish grilled at the last moment. You can also use halibut, sea bass or tilapia in place of the salmon.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ancho or New Mexico chile powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 4-ounce wild salmon fillets, about 1-inch thick, skin on
- 8 6-inch corn or flour tortillas, warmed
- Cabbage Slaw, (recipe follows)
- Citrus Salsa, (recipe follows)
- Cilantro Crema, (recipe follows)
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Combine oil, chile powder, lime juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Rub the spice mixture liberally over salmon. Grill the salmon, skin-side down, until it is just cooked through, about 8 minutes. Cut each fillet lengthwise into 2 pieces and remove the skin.
- To serve, place 2 tortillas on each plate. Evenly divide the fish, Cabbage Slaw, Citrus Salsa and Cilantro Crema among the tortillas.
Per serving: 567 calories; 30 g fat (6 g sat, 17 g mono); 83 mg cholesterol; 45 g carbohydrates; 32 g protein; 9 g fiber; 481 mg sodium; 1151 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (170% daily value), Selenium (74% dv), Potassium (33% dv), Folate (23% dv), Calcium (15% dv), excellent source of omega-3s.
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 fruit, 1 vegetable, 3 1/2 lean meat, 4 fat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Main Ingredient
- Cinco de Mayo
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- March/April 2008
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)