Grilled Salmon Soft Tacos
From EatingWell: March/April 2008
Fish tacos have become all the rage in recent years and are a specialty of the Pacific coast of Southern California and Mexico. This is a simple recipe: all the components can be made ahead of time and the fish grilled at the last moment. You can also use halibut, sea bass or tilapia in place of the salmon.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ancho or New Mexico chile powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 4-ounce wild salmon fillets, about 1-inch thick, skin on
- 8 6-inch corn or flour tortillas, warmed
- Cabbage Slaw, (recipe follows)
- Citrus Salsa, (recipe follows)
- Cilantro Crema, (recipe follows)
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Combine oil, chile powder, lime juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Rub the spice mixture liberally over salmon. Grill the salmon, skin-side down, until it is just cooked through, about 8 minutes. Cut each fillet lengthwise into 2 pieces and remove the skin.
- To serve, place 2 tortillas on each plate. Evenly divide the fish, Cabbage Slaw, Citrus Salsa and Cilantro Crema among the tortillas.
Per serving: 567 calories; 30 g fat (6 g sat, 17 g mono); 83 mg cholesterol; 45 g carbohydrates; 32 g protein; 9 g fiber; 481 mg sodium; 1151 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (170% daily value), Selenium (74% dv), Potassium (33% dv), Folate (23% dv), Calcium (15% dv), excellent source of omega-3s.
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 fruit, 1 vegetable, 3 1/2 lean meat, 4 fat
More From EatingWell
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
Wraps are a delicious and healthy alternative to standard...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Asparagus, rhubarb, peas, artichokes, beets, carrots and more...
Take advantage of all of the spring’s fresh produce with our...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Healthy scones are as easy to make as a quick bread and these...
Turkish, Lebanese and other Middle Eastern flavors star in...The easiest way to make your chicken sing—punch it up with fresh...
Our healthy lemon recipes are bursting with the bright,...
Preventing heart disease through diet is made easier with our...
Instead of going out for date night, stay in and cook a...
One-pot meals are great, but they often serve a crowd. These...
- Cinco de Mayo
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- March/April 2008