Grilled Rib-eye with Tomato Salad & Chimichurri Sauce
This combination is inspired by Argentinian asado (barbecue), where the focus is on luscious grilled Argentinian beef. Serve with warm whole-grain bread.
- 1 cup packed flat-leaf parsley leaves (from 1 large bunch)
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper or cayenne pepper
- 4 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound boneless rib-eye steak, about 1 inch thick, trimmed of fat and cut into 4 portions
- 1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- To prepare the sauce: Chop parsley and garlic together on a cutting board until the parsley is finely minced. Transfer to a medium bowl, add vinegar, oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and chipotle (or cayenne) pepper; stir to combine.
- Preheat grill to high.
- To prepare the salad: Combine tomatoes, onion, oil and vinegar in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- To prepare the steak: Rub steak with oil. Season on both sides with salt and pepper. Grill the steak 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Allow the steak to rest 5 minutes; serve with the salad on the side and a dollop of the Chimichurri Sauce on top.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate Chimichurri Sauce for up to 2 days.
Per serving: 258 calories; 13 g fat (3 g sat, 8 g mono); 81 mg cholesterol; 8 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g total sugars; 27 g protein; 2 g fiber; 349 mg sodium; 747 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (64% daily value), Vitamin A (47% dv), Zinc (34% dv), Potassium (21% dv), Vitamin B12 (20% dv), Iron (16% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 4 lean meat
More From EatingWell
Our healthy sandwich recipes, salad recipes and dip recipes...
If you’re trying to slim down, try adding foods to your diet...
There’s no “magic bullet” for preventing high blood pressure...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
If you’re feeling blue—or want to ward off feeling that way—...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
When you’re trying to slim down, a high-fiber, low-calorie...
Research shows that a compound in chiles, called capsaicin,...
You can still enjoy the delicious summertime flavor of...
Skip the frozen veggie burgers and make your own vegetarian...
Healthy pasta dishes are at the heart of Italian cuisine....
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Make a delicious Easter brunch or dinner this year with our...
Berries and other spring fruit star in our healthy Easter...
If you’re entertaining this Easter or bringing a dish to...
Make your Passover meal light and healthful with some of our...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, meat