Grilled Rib-eye with Tomato Salad & Chimichurri Sauce
This combination is inspired by Argentinian asado (barbecue), where the focus is on luscious grilled Argentinian beef. Serve with warm whole-grain bread.
- 1 cup packed flat-leaf parsley leaves (from 1 large bunch)
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper or cayenne pepper
- 4 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound boneless rib-eye steak, about 1 inch thick, trimmed of fat and cut into 4 portions
- 1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- To prepare the sauce: Chop parsley and garlic together on a cutting board until the parsley is finely minced. Transfer to a medium bowl, add vinegar, oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and chipotle (or cayenne) pepper; stir to combine.
- Preheat grill to high.
- To prepare the salad: Combine tomatoes, onion, oil and vinegar in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- To prepare the steak: Rub steak with oil. Season on both sides with salt and pepper. Grill the steak 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Allow the steak to rest 5 minutes; serve with the salad on the side and a dollop of the Chimichurri Sauce on top.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate Chimichurri Sauce for up to 2 days.
Per serving: 258 calories; 13 g fat (3 g sat, 8 g mono); 81 mg cholesterol; 8 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g total sugars; 27 g protein; 2 g fiber; 349 mg sodium; 747 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (64% daily value), Vitamin A (47% dv), Zinc (34% dv), Potassium (21% dv), Vitamin B12 (20% dv), Iron (16% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 4 lean meat
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, meat
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique