Grilled Rib-eye with Tomato Salad & Chimichurri Sauce
This combination is inspired by Argentinian asado (barbecue), where the focus is on luscious grilled Argentinian beef. Serve with warm whole-grain bread.
- 1 cup packed flat-leaf parsley leaves (from 1 large bunch)
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper or cayenne pepper
- 4 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound boneless rib-eye steak, about 1 inch thick, trimmed of fat and cut into 4 portions
- 1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- To prepare the sauce: Chop parsley and garlic together on a cutting board until the parsley is finely minced. Transfer to a medium bowl, add vinegar, oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and chipotle (or cayenne) pepper; stir to combine.
- Preheat grill to high.
- To prepare the salad: Combine tomatoes, onion, oil and vinegar in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- To prepare the steak: Rub steak with oil. Season on both sides with salt and pepper. Grill the steak 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Allow the steak to rest 5 minutes; serve with the salad on the side and a dollop of the Chimichurri Sauce on top.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate Chimichurri Sauce for up to 2 days.
Per serving: 258 calories; 13 g fat (3 g sat, 8 g mono); 81 mg cholesterol; 8 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g total sugars; 27 g protein; 2 g fiber; 349 mg sodium; 747 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (64% daily value), Vitamin A (47% dv), Zinc (34% dv), Potassium (21% dv), Vitamin B12 (20% dv), Iron (16% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 4 lean meat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, meat
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique