Grilled Rib-eye with Tomato Salad & Chimichurri Sauce
This combination is inspired by Argentinian asado (barbecue), where the focus is on luscious grilled Argentinian beef. Serve with warm whole-grain bread.
- 1 cup packed flat-leaf parsley leaves (from 1 large bunch)
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper or cayenne pepper
- 4 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound boneless rib-eye steak, about 1 inch thick, trimmed of fat and cut into 4 portions
- 1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- To prepare the sauce: Chop parsley and garlic together on a cutting board until the parsley is finely minced. Transfer to a medium bowl, add vinegar, oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and chipotle (or cayenne) pepper; stir to combine.
- Preheat grill to high.
- To prepare the salad: Combine tomatoes, onion, oil and vinegar in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- To prepare the steak: Rub steak with oil. Season on both sides with salt and pepper. Grill the steak 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Allow the steak to rest 5 minutes; serve with the salad on the side and a dollop of the Chimichurri Sauce on top.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate Chimichurri Sauce for up to 2 days.
Per serving: 258 calories; 13 g fat (3 g sat, 8 g mono); 81 mg cholesterol; 8 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g total sugars; 27 g protein; 2 g fiber; 349 mg sodium; 747 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (64% daily value), Vitamin A (47% dv), Zinc (34% dv), Potassium (21% dv), Vitamin B12 (20% dv), Iron (16% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 4 lean meat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, meat
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique