Grilled Potato Packets
From EatingWell: Summer 2002
Cooking potatoes in a foil packet means one less pot to wash, and highlights the delicate, earthy flavor of just-dug new potatoes.
- 2 pounds new potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 3 medium shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Heat grill to medium-high.
- Meanwhile, place potatoes, shallots, oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl; toss to coat. Place two 24-inch-long pieces of foil on the counter and lightly coat with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange potatoes and shallots in a single layer, slightly overlapping, on half of each piece of foil. Leave a 2-inch border on all sides. Fold foil over and pinch the edges together, making two packets.
- Place packets on the grill. Cover the grill and cook for 12 to 15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. (When you open a packet to check doneness, be careful of steam.) Serve immediately.
Per serving: 172 calories; 3 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 31 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 5 g protein; 4 g fiber; 299 mg sodium; 1032 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 vegetable, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, potato/starch
- Preparation/ Technique
- Summer 2002