Grilled Portobellos with Chopped Salad
From EatingWell: May/June 2013
This salad of grilled vegetables and beans tossed with lemon and dill tops grilled portobello mushrooms smothered in melted fontina cheese for a healthy vegetarian main course.
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 large portobello mushroom caps, gills removed
- 1 15-ounce can small white beans, rinsed
- 2 small bell peppers, quartered and seeded
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup shredded fontina cheese
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Combine lemon juice, oil, dill, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add mushroom caps and turn to coat. Remove the mushrooms from the bowl. Add white beans; stir to coat.
- Place the mushroom caps gill-side up on the grill with peppers, onion and zucchini. Grill the vegetables, turning once, until they start to char and soften: about 8 minutes for the mushrooms and 6 minutes for the rest. Turn the mushrooms gill-side up again. Fill each with 1/4 cup cheese and grill until the cheese is melted, about 1 minute more.
- Chop peppers, onion and zucchini and add to the bowl with the beans; toss to combine. Top each mushroom with about 1 cup of the grilled salad.
Per serving: 312 calories; 20 g fat (7 g sat, 10 g mono); 31 mg cholesterol; 25 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 15 g protein; 7 g fiber; 736 mg sodium; 850 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (107% daily value), Folate (34% dv), Vitamin A (31% dv), Potassium (24% dv), Calcium (22% dv), Zinc (20% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1 1/2 vegetable, 1 medium-fat meat, 1/2 lean meat, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
Ready in 30 minutes or less, these healthy spring recipes are...
Whether you’re making soup for an appetizer or a main-course...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Asparagus is high in folic acid and is a good source of...
Comfort foods are notoriously high in calories and saturated...
Entertaining is made easy with these delicious brunch recipes...
Spend less time in the kitchen; plug in your crock pot! Slow...
Healthy dinners that fit in one bowl are quick and convenient...
There's nothing better than a quick, easy and affordable...
Our low-calorie comfort food recipes are soothing, comforting...
Your slow cooker is the perfect tool to prepare an easy meal...
If you’re hoping to get a better night’s sleep, try adding...
Everyone is Irish on St. Patrick’s Day! Celebrate this year...
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, vegetarian
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 2013