Grilled Portobellos with Chopped Salad
From EatingWell: May/June 2013
This salad of grilled vegetables and beans tossed with lemon and dill tops grilled portobello mushrooms smothered in melted fontina cheese for a healthy vegetarian main course.
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 large portobello mushroom caps, gills removed
- 1 15-ounce can small white beans, rinsed
- 2 small bell peppers, quartered and seeded
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup shredded fontina cheese
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Combine lemon juice, oil, dill, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add mushroom caps and turn to coat. Remove the mushrooms from the bowl. Add white beans; stir to coat.
- Place the mushroom caps gill-side up on the grill with peppers, onion and zucchini. Grill the vegetables, turning once, until they start to char and soften: about 8 minutes for the mushrooms and 6 minutes for the rest. Turn the mushrooms gill-side up again. Fill each with 1/4 cup cheese and grill until the cheese is melted, about 1 minute more.
- Chop peppers, onion and zucchini and add to the bowl with the beans; toss to combine. Top each mushroom with about 1 cup of the grilled salad.
Per serving: 312 calories; 20 g fat (7 g sat, 10 g mono); 31 mg cholesterol; 25 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 15 g protein; 7 g fiber; 736 mg sodium; 850 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (107% daily value), Folate (34% dv), Vitamin A (31% dv), Potassium (24% dv), Calcium (22% dv), Zinc (20% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1 1/2 vegetable, 1 medium-fat meat, 1/2 lean meat, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
Make cooking Thanksgiving dinner easier with these simple...
If hungry guests are on their way for Thanksgiving dinner,...
These healthy, flavorful Thanksgiving side dishes are...
Use wild rice in a variety of healthy side dishes, including...
One of the most iconic fall vegetables, squash is a versatile...
Sauces and relishes provide the sweet or savory flavor...
Tender, sweet and just a little nutty, Brussels sprouts add a...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
There's nothing more enticing than walking into the kitchen...
If you have celiac disease or are sensitive to gluten, there...
Serve one of these healthy vegetarian main dishes, and you're...
The holiday season is the perfect time to use fresh...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
If you’re looking for a quick and easy appetizer to make for...
Entertaining is made easy with these delicious brunch recipes...
Take the stress out of Thanksgiving with these easy, healthy...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, vegetarian
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 2013