Grilled Portobellos with Chopped Salad
From EatingWell: May/June 2013
This salad of grilled vegetables and beans tossed with lemon and dill tops grilled portobello mushrooms smothered in melted fontina cheese for a healthy vegetarian main course.
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 large portobello mushroom caps, gills removed
- 1 15-ounce can small white beans, rinsed
- 2 small bell peppers, quartered and seeded
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup shredded fontina cheese
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Combine lemon juice, oil, dill, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add mushroom caps and turn to coat. Remove the mushrooms from the bowl. Add white beans; stir to coat.
- Place the mushroom caps gill-side up on the grill with peppers, onion and zucchini. Grill the vegetables, turning once, until they start to char and soften: about 8 minutes for the mushrooms and 6 minutes for the rest. Turn the mushrooms gill-side up again. Fill each with 1/4 cup cheese and grill until the cheese is melted, about 1 minute more.
- Chop peppers, onion and zucchini and add to the bowl with the beans; toss to combine. Top each mushroom with about 1 cup of the grilled salad.
Per serving: 312 calories; 20 g fat (7 g sat, 10 g mono); 31 mg cholesterol; 25 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 15 g protein; 7 g fiber; 736 mg sodium; 850 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (107% daily value), Folate (34% dv), Vitamin A (31% dv), Potassium (24% dv), Calcium (22% dv), Zinc (20% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1 1/2 vegetable, 1 medium-fat meat, 1/2 lean meat, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, vegetarian
- May/June 2013