Grilled Portobellos with Chopped Salad
From EatingWell: May/June 2013
This salad of grilled vegetables and beans tossed with lemon and dill tops grilled portobello mushrooms smothered in melted fontina cheese for a healthy vegetarian main course.
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 large portobello mushroom caps, gills removed
- 1 15-ounce can small white beans, rinsed
- 2 small bell peppers, quartered and seeded
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup shredded fontina cheese
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Combine lemon juice, oil, dill, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add mushroom caps and turn to coat. Remove the mushrooms from the bowl. Add white beans; stir to coat.
- Place the mushroom caps gill-side up on the grill with peppers, onion and zucchini. Grill the vegetables, turning once, until they start to char and soften: about 8 minutes for the mushrooms and 6 minutes for the rest. Turn the mushrooms gill-side up again. Fill each with 1/4 cup cheese and grill until the cheese is melted, about 1 minute more.
- Chop peppers, onion and zucchini and add to the bowl with the beans; toss to combine. Top each mushroom with about 1 cup of the grilled salad.
Per serving: 312 calories; 20 g fat (7 g sat, 10 g mono); 31 mg cholesterol; 25 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 15 g protein; 7 g fiber; 736 mg sodium; 850 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (107% daily value), Folate (34% dv), Vitamin A (31% dv), Potassium (24% dv), Calcium (22% dv), Zinc (20% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1 1/2 vegetable, 1 medium-fat meat, 1/2 lean meat, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, vegetarian
- Ease of Preparation
- May/June 2013