I did not enjoy the blue cheese too much. (this was the first time I ever had it). It does taste a bit like cream cheese, which is cheaper. So next time I make this sandwich I will save a few bucks and use cream cheese with a bit of lemon. Otherwise, the sandwich was pretty good! If you like blue cheese, this will be a great sandwich to try!
Grilled Portobello “Steak” Sandwiches with Blue Cheese Sauce
Blue cheese sauce gives these gutsy grilled mushroom sandwiches a classic steakhouse flavor.
4 Reviews for Grilled Portobello “Steak” Sandwiches with Blue Cheese Sauce
Mmm mmm mmmm!!!! I love this recipe. There are a few changes I made to it that I think really kicks it up a notch. I put the onions (which I slice very thin) in a bowl and drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar over them and toss them. Once I put them in the skillet I add about 1/4 tsp of sugar which helps them caramelize and brings out their sweetness. I grill them until the are very brown and starting to burn a little on the tips. I toss the mushrooms with olive oil and balsamic as well and grill until brown and tender. These are awesome on a sub roll and much easier to eat!
This sandwich is AWESOME! I'm not even a big mushroom lover and I despise blue cheese! I made mine with Greek yogurt and Feta cheese and we seasoned the mushrooms with onion powder, garlic powder, Italian seasoning & black pepper before grilling. This is absolutely a keeper. Going to serve this to guests- it's that good. :)
Ohhhhh this is SO delicious! My husband grilled everything outside...we used a really hearty Italian bread and drizzled everything with tons of the bleu cheese sauce. nom nom nom nom nom! There won't be a drop left on your plate!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)