Grilled Pork Tenderloin Marinated in Spicy Soy Sauce
From EatingWell: August/September 2006
Crisp on the outside and buttery-tender on the inside, these sweet and spicy soy sauce-marinated pork tenderloin medallions make for a delicious, healthful and elegant entree. Serve with snow peas, brown rice and Sour Mango Salad on the side.
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled and finely grated or minced
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 fresh red Thai chile (see Note) or cayenne chile pepper, stemmed, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed of fat and cut into 1-inch-thick medallions
- Whisk soy sauce and sugar in a medium bowl until the sugar is completely dissolved. Stir in garlic, ginger, chile and oil.
- Place pork in a resealable plastic bag. Add the marinade and seal the bag, squeezing air out. Turn the bag to coat the medallions. Refrigerate for 2 hours, turning the bag once to redistribute the marinade.
- Preheat the grill to medium. Remove the pork from the marinade. (Discard marinade.) Grill the medallions until just cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
Tips & Notes
- Note: Thai chiles can be red or green, are only about 1 1/2 inches long and 1/4 inch or less in diameter. They are on the high end of the heat scale. Find them in Asian markets. If unavailable, substitute fresh cayenne chiles or 1/2 teaspoon or more to taste of purchased chile sauce, such as sriracha. Fresh chiles can be frozen, in an airtight container, for up to 3 months.
Per serving: 138 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 63 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 23 g protein; 0 g fiber; 101 mg sodium; 357 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 3 lean meat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, meat
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Main Ingredient
- August/September 2006