Grilled Pork Tenderloin Marinated in Spicy Soy Sauce
From EatingWell: August/September 2006
Crisp on the outside and buttery-tender on the inside, these sweet and spicy soy sauce-marinated pork tenderloin medallions make for a delicious, healthful and elegant entree. Serve with snow peas, brown rice and Sour Mango Salad on the side.
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled and finely grated or minced
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 fresh red Thai chile (see Note) or cayenne chile pepper, stemmed, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed of fat and cut into 1-inch-thick medallions
- Whisk soy sauce and sugar in a medium bowl until the sugar is completely dissolved. Stir in garlic, ginger, chile and oil.
- Place pork in a resealable plastic bag. Add the marinade and seal the bag, squeezing air out. Turn the bag to coat the medallions. Refrigerate for 2 hours, turning the bag once to redistribute the marinade.
- Preheat the grill to medium. Remove the pork from the marinade. (Discard marinade.) Grill the medallions until just cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
Tips & Notes
- Note: Thai chiles can be red or green, are only about 1 1/2 inches long and 1/4 inch or less in diameter. They are on the high end of the heat scale. Find them in Asian markets. If unavailable, substitute fresh cayenne chiles or 1/2 teaspoon or more to taste of purchased chile sauce, such as sriracha. Fresh chiles can be frozen, in an airtight container, for up to 3 months.
Per serving: 138 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 63 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 23 g protein; 0 g fiber; 101 mg sodium; 357 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 3 lean meat
More From EatingWell
Onions are the perfect accompaniment to almost any savory...
Pesto is an easy way to add flavor without tons of extra...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Coffee is a healthy and flavorful addition to many desserts...
Coconut is a sweet addition to many healthy breakfast recipes...
The health perks of coffee only add to it's appeal for coffee...
If you’re looking for healthier food to enjoy during the...
Lentils are a versatile, budget-friendly and healthy addition...
Pork chops are a versatile and budget-friendly option for...
Apple recipes are a favorite fall fruit, whether you enjoy...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
If you like your food hot—spicy, that is—we've got some...
Mediterranean cuisine is delicious: it’s rich in fruits,...
This Valentine’s Day, stay in with the ones you love and make...
Ring in the Chinese New Year with these healthy Chinese...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Main Ingredient
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, meat
- August/September 2006