Grilled Pork Tenderloin Marinated in Spicy Soy Sauce
From EatingWell: August/September 2006
Crisp on the outside and buttery-tender on the inside, these sweet and spicy soy sauce-marinated pork tenderloin medallions make for a delicious, healthful and elegant entree. Serve with snow peas, brown rice and Sour Mango Salad on the side.
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled and finely grated or minced
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 fresh red Thai chile (see Note) or cayenne chile pepper, stemmed, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed of fat and cut into 1-inch-thick medallions
- Whisk soy sauce and sugar in a medium bowl until the sugar is completely dissolved. Stir in garlic, ginger, chile and oil.
- Place pork in a resealable plastic bag. Add the marinade and seal the bag, squeezing air out. Turn the bag to coat the medallions. Refrigerate for 2 hours, turning the bag once to redistribute the marinade.
- Preheat the grill to medium. Remove the pork from the marinade. (Discard marinade.) Grill the medallions until just cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
Tips & Notes
- Note: Thai chiles can be red or green, are only about 1 1/2 inches long and 1/4 inch or less in diameter. They are on the high end of the heat scale. Find them in Asian markets. If unavailable, substitute fresh cayenne chiles or 1/2 teaspoon or more to taste of purchased chile sauce, such as sriracha. Fresh chiles can be frozen, in an airtight container, for up to 3 months.
Per serving: 138 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 63 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 23 g protein; 0 g fiber; 101 mg sodium; 357 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 3 lean meat
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, meat
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Main Ingredient
- August/September 2006