Grilled Pork Chops with Rhubarb Chutney
This savory-tart-sweet combination takes the classic pairing of pork and fruit to a whole new level. We've used boneless pork chops because they're quick to cook, and given them a boost of flavor with a simple spice rub.
- 1/2 cup Rhubarb Chutney, (recipe follows)
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 4-ounce boneless pork chops, 1/2 inch thick, trimmed (see Tips)
- Prepare Rhubarb Chutney. Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Mix coriander, paprika, cinnamon, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle evenly on both sides of each pork chop, rubbing to coat the meat evenly.
- Lightly oil the grill rack (see Tips). Grill pork chops over medium-high heat until browned and just cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Serve with chutney.
Tips & Notes
- Tips: If you can't find thin pork chops, slice thick ones in half crosswise.
- To oil the grill rack: Dip a folded paper towel in a little canola oil; holding it with long-handled tongs, rub it over the grill rack.
Per serving: 202 calories; 7 g fat (2 g sat, 3 g mono); 72 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 24 g protein; 1 g fiber; 281 mg sodium; 351 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: 351 mg potassium (18% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/3 fruit, 1/3 other carbohydrate, 3 lean protein
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, meat
- Ease of Preparation