Grilled Pork Chops with Rhubarb Chutney
This savory-tart-sweet combination takes the classic pairing of pork and fruit to a whole new level. We've used boneless pork chops because they're quick to cook, and given them a boost of flavor with a simple spice rub.
- 1/2 cup Rhubarb Chutney, (recipe follows)
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 4-ounce boneless pork chops, 1/2 inch thick, trimmed (see Tips)
- Prepare Rhubarb Chutney. Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Mix coriander, paprika, cinnamon, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle evenly on both sides of each pork chop, rubbing to coat the meat evenly.
- Lightly oil the grill rack (see Tips). Grill pork chops over medium-high heat until browned and just cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Serve with chutney.
Tips & Notes
- Tips: If you can't find thin pork chops, slice thick ones in half crosswise.
- To oil the grill rack: Dip a folded paper towel in a little canola oil; holding it with long-handled tongs, rub it over the grill rack.
Per serving: 202 calories; 7 g fat (2 g sat, 3 g mono); 72 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 24 g protein; 1 g fiber; 281 mg sodium; 351 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: 351 mg potassium (18% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/3 fruit, 1/3 other carbohydrate, 3 lean protein
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, meat