Grilled Pork Chops with Rhubarb Chutney
This savory-tart-sweet combination takes the classic pairing of pork and fruit to a whole new level. We've used boneless pork chops because they're quick to cook, and given them a boost of flavor with a simple spice rub.
- 1/2 cup Rhubarb Chutney, (recipe follows)
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 4-ounce boneless pork chops, 1/2 inch thick, trimmed (see Tips)
- Prepare Rhubarb Chutney. Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Mix coriander, paprika, cinnamon, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle evenly on both sides of each pork chop, rubbing to coat the meat evenly.
- Lightly oil the grill rack (see Tips). Grill pork chops over medium-high heat until browned and just cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Serve with chutney.
Tips & Notes
- Tips: If you can't find thin pork chops, slice thick ones in half crosswise.
- To oil the grill rack: Dip a folded paper towel in a little canola oil; holding it with long-handled tongs, rub it over the grill rack.
Per serving: 202 calories; 7 g fat (2 g sat, 3 g mono); 72 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 24 g protein; 1 g fiber; 281 mg sodium; 351 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: 351 mg potassium (18% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/3 fruit, 1/3 other carbohydrate, 3 lean protein
More From EatingWell
Our easy holiday appetizer recipes are great for a holiday...
Citrus fruit, such as grapefruit, lemons, limes and oranges,...
Kale and other dark leafy greens are a flavorful, vitamin-...
Making a quick and healthy dinner when you really pressed for...
A piping hot bowl of soup is the ultimate comfort food during...
Decadent cream-based soups are typically loaded with...
Enjoy seasonal fresh fruit even in winter with these healthy...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
Save money on food during the holiday season but still eat...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
Picture this: You arrive home tired and frazzled, and the...
Our gluten-free cookie recipes are a healthy and delicious...
Whether you’re making Christmas cookies for your annual...
End your holiday meal on a sweet note with our healthy...
Spend more time with friends and family and less time in the...
Our festive holiday cocktails, including healthy recipes for...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, meat
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique