Grilled Pork Chops with Rhubarb Chutney
This savory-tart-sweet combination takes the classic pairing of pork and fruit to a whole new level. We've used boneless pork chops because they're quick to cook, and given them a boost of flavor with a simple spice rub.
- 1/2 cup Rhubarb Chutney, (recipe follows)
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 4-ounce boneless pork chops, 1/2 inch thick, trimmed (see Tips)
- Prepare Rhubarb Chutney. Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Mix coriander, paprika, cinnamon, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle evenly on both sides of each pork chop, rubbing to coat the meat evenly.
- Lightly oil the grill rack (see Tips). Grill pork chops over medium-high heat until browned and just cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Serve with chutney.
Tips & Notes
- Tips: If you can't find thin pork chops, slice thick ones in half crosswise.
- To oil the grill rack: Dip a folded paper towel in a little canola oil; holding it with long-handled tongs, rub it over the grill rack.
Per serving: 202 calories; 7 g fat (2 g sat, 3 g mono); 72 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 24 g protein; 1 g fiber; 281 mg sodium; 351 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: 351 mg potassium (18% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/3 fruit, 1/3 other carbohydrate, 3 lean protein
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, meat
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique