Grilled Pork Chops with Rhubarb Chutney
This savory-tart-sweet combination takes the classic pairing of pork and fruit to a whole new level. We've used boneless pork chops because they're quick to cook, and given them a boost of flavor with a simple spice rub.
- 1/2 cup Rhubarb Chutney, (recipe follows)
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 4-ounce boneless pork chops, 1/2 inch thick, trimmed (see Tips)
- Prepare Rhubarb Chutney. Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Mix coriander, paprika, cinnamon, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle evenly on both sides of each pork chop, rubbing to coat the meat evenly.
- Lightly oil the grill rack (see Tips). Grill pork chops over medium-high heat until browned and just cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Serve with chutney.
Tips & Notes
- Tips: If you can't find thin pork chops, slice thick ones in half crosswise.
- To oil the grill rack: Dip a folded paper towel in a little canola oil; holding it with long-handled tongs, rub it over the grill rack.
Per serving: 202 calories; 7 g fat (2 g sat, 3 g mono); 72 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 24 g protein; 1 g fiber; 281 mg sodium; 351 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: 351 mg potassium (18% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/3 fruit, 1/3 other carbohydrate, 3 lean protein
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, meat
- Ease of Preparation
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)