Grilled Pizza with Smoked Salmon
From EatingWell: July/August 1996
Perfect for summer entertaining, this grilled pizza is topped with smoked salmon, red onion and capers.
- 1/2 recipe Quick Pizza Dough, (recipe follows)
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 ounces smoked salmon, sliced into strips
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion, soaked in cold water for 10 minutes and drained
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- Freshly ground pepper
- Fresh lemon juice to taste
- Fresh dill for garnish
- Preheat grill.
- Divide pizza dough into 2 pieces. Roll each piece into a circle 1/8 inch thick and 6 inches in diameter.
- Place the circles of dough directly on the grill. Cook until slightly puffed and there are grill marks on the underside, about 1 minute. Turn over to crisp the second side. Remove from the grill.
- Spread the grilled crusts with sour cream and top with smoked salmon, chopped onions, capers and pepper. Drizzle with a little lemon juice and sprinkle with dill. Cut into wedges and serve.
Per serving: 174 calories; 5 g fat (2 g sat, 2 g mono); 14 mg cholesterol; 25 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein; 1 g fiber; 596 mg sodium; 131 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (24% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1/2 lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- July/August 1996