Grilled Pizza with Smoked Salmon
From EatingWell: July/August 1996
Perfect for summer entertaining, this grilled pizza is topped with smoked salmon, red onion and capers.
- 1/2 recipe Quick Pizza Dough, (recipe follows)
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 ounces smoked salmon, sliced into strips
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion, soaked in cold water for 10 minutes and drained
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- Freshly ground pepper
- Fresh lemon juice to taste
- Fresh dill for garnish
- Preheat grill.
- Divide pizza dough into 2 pieces. Roll each piece into a circle 1/8 inch thick and 6 inches in diameter.
- Place the circles of dough directly on the grill. Cook until slightly puffed and there are grill marks on the underside, about 1 minute. Turn over to crisp the second side. Remove from the grill.
- Spread the grilled crusts with sour cream and top with smoked salmon, chopped onions, capers and pepper. Drizzle with a little lemon juice and sprinkle with dill. Cut into wedges and serve.
Per serving: 174 calories; 5 g fat (2 g sat, 2 g mono); 14 mg cholesterol; 25 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein; 1 g fiber; 596 mg sodium; 131 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (24% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1/2 lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- July/August 1996