Grilled Pizza with Smoked Salmon
From EatingWell: July/August 1996
Perfect for summer entertaining, this grilled pizza is topped with smoked salmon, red onion and capers.
- 1/2 recipe Quick Pizza Dough, (recipe follows)
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 ounces smoked salmon, sliced into strips
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion, soaked in cold water for 10 minutes and drained
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- Freshly ground pepper
- Fresh lemon juice to taste
- Fresh dill for garnish
- Preheat grill.
- Divide pizza dough into 2 pieces. Roll each piece into a circle 1/8 inch thick and 6 inches in diameter.
- Place the circles of dough directly on the grill. Cook until slightly puffed and there are grill marks on the underside, about 1 minute. Turn over to crisp the second side. Remove from the grill.
- Spread the grilled crusts with sour cream and top with smoked salmon, chopped onions, capers and pepper. Drizzle with a little lemon juice and sprinkle with dill. Cut into wedges and serve.
Per serving: 174 calories; 5 g fat (2 g sat, 2 g mono); 14 mg cholesterol; 25 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein; 1 g fiber; 596 mg sodium; 131 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (24% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1/2 lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- July/August 1996