the recipe is a great thing to make for snakes
Grilled Pizza with Pesto, Tomatoes & Feta
From EatingWell: Summer 2002
Dazzle your guests, and keep the kitchen cool, by baking pizza on the backyard grill. For convenience, this recipe uses prepared pizza dough, found in most supermarkets, and pesto from a jar.
7 Reviews for Grilled Pizza with Pesto, Tomatoes & Feta
The oil from the pesto liquifies and runs off the pizza stone or baking sheet down into your oven. It creates awful smoke and is practically impossible to clean. What a nightmare!!!!!!!!!!
We have so much basil in our garden this year and looking for new recipes to use pesto. This one is nice and easy. I purchased pizza dough from an Italian restaurant. Cleaned the grill and oiled it. The pizza was nice an puffy in no time. In fact a little burned in some spots.So keep a close watch, we should have maybe cooked with a little less heat. Once flipped we added the tomato, feta cheese and some sliced kalmata olives. We then turned off the heat and let it sit for about 3 more minutes. We will definitely try this one again. Maybe with marinara sauce too! The crust was crunchy! YUM!
Tasted delicious and with prep and cooking, this only took us about 15-20 min. Next time we're going to try some kalamta olives and artichoke hearts! :)
This is a spectacular pizza! Despite some ups and downs with the crust (which I also made from scratch with an EatingWell recipe, this is incredibly tasty, incredibly fast, and incredibly impressive. Read about my experience in my "Eating the Rainbow" blog at: http://superfoodsyear.blogspot.com/2010/08/kathy-vs-yeast.html
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)