Grilled Pepper Salad
From EatingWell: July/August 2008
Toss a colorful mix of grilled bell peppers with briny olives, sweet sun-dried tomatoes and balsamic vinaigrette for a lovely side dish. Or spread crostini with goat cheese and top it with this salad for an easy summer appetizer.
- 4 bell peppers, (mixed colors), halved, seeded and stemmed
- 1/4 cup halved and pitted oil-cured black olives
- 1/4 cup rinsed and chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Grill peppers on medium-high, turning once, until soft and charred in spots, about 5 minutes per side. When cool enough to handle, chop the peppers; toss with olives, sun-dried tomatoes, oil, vinegar and salt in a large bowl.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Per serving: 107 calories; 7 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 2 g fiber; 330 mg sodium; 331 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (200% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Ease of Preparation
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- July/August 2008