Grilled Peach Salsa
From EatingWell: July/August 2008
Mint, cilantro and jalapeno flavor this grilled peach salsa.
- 1 1/4 pounds ripe peaches, (3-4 medium), halved and pitted
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion, preferably Vidalia
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- Preheat grill to medium. Brush cut sides of peaches with oil. Grill the peaches until softened and browned in spots, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Let cool. Chop the peaches into 1/4-inch pieces and place in a medium bowl. Add onion, jalapeño, lime zest and juice, cilantro and mint.
Per serving: 76 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 16 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 2 g fiber; 2 mg sodium; 269 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (25% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 fruit
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- July/August 2008