Grilled Peach Salsa
From EatingWell: July/August 2008
Mint, cilantro and jalapeno flavor this grilled peach salsa.
- 1 1/4 pounds ripe peaches, (3-4 medium), halved and pitted
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion, preferably Vidalia
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- Preheat grill to medium. Brush cut sides of peaches with oil. Grill the peaches until softened and browned in spots, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Let cool. Chop the peaches into 1/4-inch pieces and place in a medium bowl. Add onion, jalapeño, lime zest and juice, cilantro and mint.
Per serving: 76 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 16 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 2 g fiber; 2 mg sodium; 269 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (25% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 fruit
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- July/August 2008