Grilled Peach-Lime Salsa
From EatingWell: July/August 2014
Grilling fresh peaches for this healthy salsa recipe is key to achieving a mellow caramelized flavor. This fruit salsa is brilliant spooned over grilled chicken, but just as delicious served alongside a basket of tortilla chips.
- 1 pound peaches, halved and pitted
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped, or more to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat a grill to medium.
- Brush peach halves and onion slices with oil. Grill, turning once, until the peaches are marked and starting to soften, 6 to 7 minutes, and the onions are marked and tender, 10 to 11 minutes. Transfer to a clean cutting board and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Chop the peaches and onions; transfer to a bowl. Stir in jalapeño, cilantro, lime zest, lime juice and salt. Serve at room temperature or refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Per serving: 60 calories; 3 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 7 g total sugars; 1 g protein; 2 g fiber; 98 mg sodium; 184 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (19% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- Ease of Preparation
- July/August 2014