Grilled Orange Chicken Fingers
From EatingWell: EatingWell for a Healthy Heart Cookbook (2008)
The simple, sweet orange glaze for the chicken can be whipped up fast; marinating time is just 15 minutes and the marinade caramelizes deliciously on the grill. Serve this with carrot sticks and baked potato wedges, tossed with herbs and olive oil.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cut chicken crosswise into 3/4-inch-wide strips. Whisk mustard, orange juice concentrate, honey, sesame oil and pepper in a medium bowl until smooth. Add the chicken and toss to combine. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare grill or preheat the broiler. Oil the grill rack (see Tip) or coat a broiler pan with cooking spray. Remove the chicken strips from the marinade, discarding remaining marinade. Grill or broil the chicken until no longer pink in the center, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Season with salt and serve.
Per serving: 173 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 63 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 23 g protein; 0 g fiber; 341 mg sodium; 249 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (28% daily value), Vitamin C (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate, 3 very lean meat
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Main Ingredient
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- EatingWell for a Healthy Heart Cookbook (2008)