Grilled Orange Chicken Fingers
From EatingWell: EatingWell for a Healthy Heart Cookbook (2008)
The simple, sweet orange glaze for the chicken can be whipped up fast; marinating time is just 15 minutes and the marinade caramelizes deliciously on the grill. Serve this with carrot sticks and baked potato wedges, tossed with herbs and olive oil.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cut chicken crosswise into 3/4-inch-wide strips. Whisk mustard, orange juice concentrate, honey, sesame oil and pepper in a medium bowl until smooth. Add the chicken and toss to combine. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare grill or preheat the broiler. Oil the grill rack (see Tip) or coat a broiler pan with cooking spray. Remove the chicken strips from the marinade, discarding remaining marinade. Grill or broil the chicken until no longer pink in the center, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Season with salt and serve.
Per serving: 173 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 63 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 23 g protein; 0 g fiber; 341 mg sodium; 249 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (28% daily value), Vitamin C (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate, 3 very lean meat
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- EatingWell for a Healthy Heart Cookbook (2008)