Grilled Orange Chicken Fingers
From EatingWell: EatingWell for a Healthy Heart Cookbook (2008)
The simple, sweet orange glaze for the chicken can be whipped up fast; marinating time is just 15 minutes and the marinade caramelizes deliciously on the grill. Serve this with carrot sticks and baked potato wedges, tossed with herbs and olive oil.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cut chicken crosswise into 3/4-inch-wide strips. Whisk mustard, orange juice concentrate, honey, sesame oil and pepper in a medium bowl until smooth. Add the chicken and toss to combine. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare grill or preheat the broiler. Oil the grill rack (see Tip) or coat a broiler pan with cooking spray. Remove the chicken strips from the marinade, discarding remaining marinade. Grill or broil the chicken until no longer pink in the center, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Season with salt and serve.
Per serving: 173 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 63 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 23 g protein; 0 g fiber; 341 mg sodium; 249 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (28% daily value), Vitamin C (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate, 3 very lean meat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- EatingWell for a Healthy Heart Cookbook (2008)