Grilled Lobster Tails with Nectarine-Avocado Salad
From EatingWell: The EatingWell Healthy in a Hurry Cookbook (2006)
Sophisticated and yet very quick, this easy composed salad can be a meal on its own--or a wonderful starter to a weekend dinner party. All it needs is a glass of champagne. Shrimp or other sweet and meaty fish can stand in for the lobster.
- 3 nectarines, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 scallion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, plus lime wedges for garnish
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3 lobster tails, fresh or frozen, thawed (8 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Toss nectarines, avocado, scallion, lime juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Lay lobster tails on a cutting board with the soft side of the shell facing up. Cut the tails in half lengthwise starting from the fan. Run your fingertips along the inside of the shell to loosen meat from shell. Brush the meat with oil and sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Lay the tails on the grill, cut-side down, and cook until the meat is lightly charred and the shell is beginning to turn red, 5 to 6 minutes. Turn and continue grilling until the meat is opaque and cooked through and the shell is completely red, 2 to 4 minutes more. Remove the lobster meat from the shells and serve with the nectarine salad.
Per serving: 179 calories; 8 g fat (1 g sat, 5 g mono); 32 mg cholesterol; 18 g carbohydrates; 11 g protein; 4 g fiber; 761 mg sodium; 637 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin K (30% daily value), Selenium (27% dv), Vitamin C (25% dv), Potassium (18% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 vegetable, 4 lean meat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)